Steam Punk Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crew of The Defiant

+2
Mr Methodical
Pendragon
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Crew of The Defiant Empty Crew of The Defiant

Post by Pendragon Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:02 pm

It was mid-day. A lone sky-ship - not much more than a dingy really - was limping its way through the air, descending rapidly. TO rapidly.

Last edited by Pendragon on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pendragon
Pendragon

Back to top Go down

Crew of The Defiant Empty Re: Crew of The Defiant

Post by Mr Methodical Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:53 pm

"Curse the mothers son who stiched this baloon", Daniel growled. Struggling he tired to free himslef from the heavy canvas that coverd him and most of what was left of his ship.
"BOOTS, gimme a hand here will'ya".
Mr Methodical
Mr Methodical
Admin

Location : Near the edge of reality, so I get realy bad cell phone reception

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:17 pm

The tip of a slender boot-knife appeared through the deflated canvas balloon, slicing a long opening in the oppressive material. Sarah Windson, pulled herself out of the heavy, tangled mess, and jumped down from the wreckage of the ship. Her tall boots landed lightly on the wet sand.
""It'll be fine," you said," she said testily. ""It was a great deal," you said." She strode over to the wriggling heap that was her cousin, and cut a long slit in the fabric revealing his face. "I don't know WHAT you expected from a half-priced ship called "The Reckless.""

Last edited by Pendragon on Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pendragon
Pendragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Methodical Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:26 pm

"For the LAST time, When I bought it I thought it was called the Recluse," Daniel said trying his best to look serious.
Although with only his face pokeing through the canvas it looked more humorous than serious.
"Anyway dont worry about this little set back, be a good chap and cut me out".

Last edited by Mr Methodical on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Methodical
Mr Methodical
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:38 pm

""Cut you out." I'd like to "gut you out.". she muttered, though obliged nonetheless.
Pendragon
Pendragon

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackShadow Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:35 pm

A man with a black overcoat walked into the bar. He wasnt a traveler passing through, or a tinker selling goods, or even the town drunk though he was known instantly at his entrance. "What'll it be," asked the tender. "The usual" was the reply

It had been another long dull day, which wasn't surprising. When you shovel manure and groom horses all dad, day after day, the days begin to fade together. Except yesterday. Byron smiled to himself as he swished back his drink. The "big time" fighter from the city thought he would have an easy win with the stable hand. The best brawler in the town had to admit the young lad had been a little chellenging at the start but with a precise aim and a connecting thud to its intended mark his opponent went down. All in all, the fight last around 10 minutes but ended with Byron increasing his usual profits a great deal more.

Byron chuckled to himself. Brass nuckles weren't illegal in a brawl and the inexperienced fighter didn't put the two together when he challenged the Nucklebuster. The well known nickname was not put into effect because of droken nuckles during a fight, though there were plenty. Challenging the Nucklebuster was only THe city fighters first mistake.
BlackShadow
BlackShadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Methodical Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:44 pm

"Hey my Altometer survied the crash", Daniel said as he shook what seemed to be a combination of an altitude meter and pocket watch next to his ear.
"And it's completely correct, look it's says were at sea level", he said looking at the beach that he and his cousin Sarah had crashed on.
Mr Methodical
Mr Methodical
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:51 pm

Boots sighed, rolling her eyes. "All is not lost then. We may not have an air-ship, but thank heavens we'll be able to tell how high we are standing."
Pendragon
Pendragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Methodical Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:59 pm

"Oh dont get upset, you'll love it here in France it's a lovely country" Daniel said trying to chear them both up.
"Lets try for that town yoder" he said pointing to a small village a few miles away.
Mr Methodical
Mr Methodical
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:07 pm

Boots and Daniel stood looking up at the inn sign, which bore a whale wearing a crown along with the title "The Prince Of Whales."

"France huh?" Boots said, glancing at her cousin before entering.
Pendragon
Pendragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Methodical Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:18 pm

"So were not in france, it's still ok, I mean Wales is a great shiping area we should have no problem finding a ship".
Mr Methodical
Mr Methodical
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:26 pm

The inn was not bad, however it was not particularly NICE either. It was fairly crowded, the only available table had but one chair left, and the smells of smoke and alcohol hung thick and heavy in the air. "I'm going to go get another chair." Boots said, and wandered off.
Pendragon
Pendragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Methodical Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:08 pm

"Bartender some hot water if you please" Daniel said as he drew a small tin marked coco .
A large man, ruddy in appearance and foul in smell, stoped drinking and stared at the strange sight of a man drinking coco.

walking up to the table, he laughed as he stood makeing Daniel feel uncomfortable.
"What in the e'll is that" he said after he laughter had subsided to a dull roar.
"Oh it's just a tin of coco".
"coco", he said trying to stifle his renewed laughter.
"Yes coco. when your up in the air it pays not to be drunk most of time so I drink coco".

A light sprung up in the mans eyes, "oh so your an air man are ya, well that explains the lightness in your step boyo, but I thought you airmen were tuff sorts but I see now your just a bunch of coco drinkin panseys".

the man convulsed into uncontrollable laughter and was truning to leave when daniel stood up and took his hat off.

"say that to my face ye slack jawed blubber bottomed walrus". the man stoped were he stood and shook with rage as he turned back and walked withen six inchs of Daniels face " I said you airmen were a bunch of coco drinkin panseys, now what are ya gonna do about it", he said with a snarl.

"nothin I just wanted you to face me so she could get behind you"

Last edited by Mr Methodical on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Methodical
Mr Methodical
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:38 pm

THWACK!!! A wooden stool crashed into the drunkard's head knocking him out.
Boots stepped over the man nonchalantly, and setting the stool at the table across from Daniel sat down .
Pendragon
Pendragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Methodical Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:39 pm

"I see you found a chair".
Mr Methodical
Mr Methodical
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:43 pm

"Aye, and a sturdy one at that." She said, taking the mug of coco that Daniel was handing her.

Last edited by Pendragon on Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pendragon
Pendragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratstien Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:34 am

Vera watched impassively, such skirmishes didn't involve her. But they were always amusing to watch. She sized up the two, noting their vagabond drifter style. Oh well, she wasn't going to be digging in any business that wasn't hers...At least not this time. But of course, that didn't mean she couldn't have a little fun with them.

She walked up to the counter, stepping over the body and shattered chair.
Ratstien
Ratstien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:29 pm

Boots heard the approach and looked over her shoulder. Uh-oh, she thought. Her left hand (the one not holding coco) dropped under the table to finger the hilt of the sabre at her hip --- a nervous habit of her's.
Pendragon
Pendragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gumchu Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:08 pm

Haruki sleeping on a stool next to the counter suddenly awoken. "Oh. This again." he sighed as he looked at the useless-sack-of-potatoes of a man on the floor. I've been meeting some interesting people since travelling out of my country. "Say missy, you can let go of your blade. I don't think anyone else wants to start a commotion after what you did to that fellow over there." Haruki said sloppily. Earlier that day he was discovering the exotic liquors around the neighborhood and was most certainly not sober.
Gumchu
Gumchu

Back to top Go down

Post by Lhyrre Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:04 pm

Laurie leaned back on his stool, throwing down the last gulp of the seriously inferior beer before slamming it down. "Can I get me anythin' better over here?" he said to the inkeeper. "I's only tipsy, and y'know I want'a be ragin' drunk by the time I clear out," he said, the slightly glazed look of a man who needed the drink.

The innkeeper half-laughed, then poured him another mug. "Only if I don't throw you out first," he said with a wry smile.

With a laugh, the big Irishman clapped the man over the back with a twinkle in his blue eyes. "But you'd'a wouldn't do that, wouldja Carson," he said with a charming smile as he threw back more of the alcohol. "I pay far too well, you need my business as well, you won't boot me out!" he pronounced with another grin, then settled into his mug again.

The bartender inwardly slapped his forehead. "The more drunk he gets, the worse his haikus get..." he muttered, wiping down the counter.
Lhyrre
Lhyrre

http://iblogeth.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratstien Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:29 pm

"Yes, like the...chap said. No need for any more violence today." Vera said with a slight nod of her head. She turned and winked at the man. Then she sat at a stool and surveyed the people around her. She didn't like to know too much; but that slight gesture of the girl going for her knife bothered her. It set the idea of her being a rogue even deeper in her mind. She shook her head of the thought, and ordered a pint.
Ratstien
Ratstien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendragon Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:43 pm

Uncomfortable with the sudden attention, Boots turned back to her drink, moving her open coat to veil the sword-hilt. She did not like the way the scar-faced girl was looking at her, and hoped that something else would soon snag her attention.
Pendragon
Pendragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Methodical Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:12 pm

"Hey bartender when is Dinner?". daniel said breaking the silence that had come over the establishment.
"oh..in two hours I suppose".
"Drat", Daniel said stareing at his table. "Boots, ya think we could go to the marketplace and get a snack?".
Mr Methodical
Mr Methodical
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratstien Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:44 pm

Vera took only a few sips of her pint. She couldn't take it. She couldn't stay any longer. The less she saw of these two, the better. For if they were truly pirates of the sky, then her conscience wouldn't let her let them slip by...And she really hadn't any time for them at the moment.

She slipped outside quickly. She tried not to run as she turned the corner towards her ship...But where had she landed? Surely it was here. A low growl, half moan rose in her throat. "Thompson..." She said through clenched teeth.
Ratstien
Ratstien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Methodical Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:59 pm

The Market was bustling with activity. but what caught Daniel's attention was the sky port. Yes he had seen more impressive ones before, but it allways took his breath away.

Like most small sky ports this one was built around an old light house. the wooden walk ways full of airmen geting on and off ships. The groups of ragged children begging from people passing by. the smell of ozone and canvas. Ahh what a life.

Daniel turned to ask boots if they could go look at the ships when he saw the man that boots had knocked out comeing twords them with a small group of angry looking men
Mr Methodical
Mr Methodical
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next